Released jobs to DataStage 8

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JeroenDmt
Premium Member
Premium Member

Released jobs to DataStage 8

Post by JeroenDmt »

We are migrating from DataStage 7.5 to DataStage 8.5.

In DS 7.5 Production system we have around 100 jobs with names like JobName%rel25.4.1 (released jobs from an older version of datastage?).

We can import these jobs into DS 8.5, but when trying to compile them, we get an error message "Error: Job name must begin with an alphabetic character or consist of alpha-numerics and underscores only".

After renaming the job to JobName, we can compile them without a problem. All job batch-calls are to JobName (without the %rel25.4.1).

I know released jobs are not supported in DataStage 8 any more, but I was wondering if there is there some way to get around this, without having to manually rename the jobs?
(solution can be in DS 7.5 or 8.5)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would imagine that is your solution, a manual rename.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mail2krishna79
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mail2krishna79 »

:)
JeroenDmt
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JeroenDmt »

Probably it will end up being my solution, but I was hoping for something less manual.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Do you still have a copy of these jobs in a development environment? It could be a good time to resynch your dev and prod environments. Repromote the jobs and use the Information Server Manager and an external source control tool to create releases. If you really need to hang on to those production versions then you could try search and replace on an export file. Some search and replace tools may have the required wildcards to make it easy.