Kim Dukes Report Generation Scripts

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dec1177
Premium Member
Premium Member

Kim Dukes Report Generation Scripts

Post by dec1177 »

Hi all.

I have successfully downloaded Kim Duke's report generation scripts/jobs (very slick tool btw). When I manually execute the DSaveAsBmpDriver.bat with all the necessary parameters, I get the desired .bmp files output in the location I want them. However, I have created a DS job which utilizes a command stage to call the DSaveAsBmp.bat file directly with all of the supplied parameters being sent via Project Variables and the job executes successfully and generates the .bmp files where I want them, but the background color of the .bmp files is black instead of white. Does anyone have any clue as to why this .bat would produce normal .bmp files when executed manually, but generate incorrect .bmp files when executed via a command stage inside a job?

Thanks in advance.
I don't know signatures...
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

It has something to do with the user environments of the user running in DataStage and your personal user id. You are running Designer under control of a DataStage job. I have had a lot of issues with this command anyway. The bmp files are huge. We had to convert to a jpg file and then use a Perl script to modify the html to use the jpg file instead of the bmp file. Makes the file size a lot smaller. If you run in version 8 within Designer then I am not sure where the html files are stored. The command line stuff still works though.

By the way, thanks.
Mamu Kim
dec1177
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dec1177 »

I figured out that if I called the DSaveAsBmp.bat via the DS job from another server, then the .bmp's will all generate with white backgrounds. So I installed all the documentation generation pieces on my DEV ETL DataStage server and use that server to document my production server jobs.
I don't know signatures...