Running Stored Procedure SQL 2005 in DataStage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ylai20
Participant

Running Stored Procedure SQL 2005 in DataStage

Post by ylai20 »

Hi all, i have create a simple stored procedure and want to run from DataStage. Can i just use one Stored Procedure stage to do it?

I have try to use this method but it required input and output which i think is not necessary.

Is there any better way i just have something like a StoredProcedure that just link to the SP in SQL server 2005?
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

You can use a 'dummy input' using rowgenerator and a 'dummy ouput' (dummy output if you do not need error handling)

Regards
Sreeni
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Running Stored Procedure SQL 2005 in DataStage

Post by chulett »

ylai20 wrote:I have try to use this method but it required input and output which i think is not necessary.
It's necessary. And since we're talking Server job, that dummy input would need to come from a Transformer. Make sure you define a stage variable in it and use a constraint of @OUTROWNUM=1.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Doesn't have to come from a Transformer at all. You can select one row from any reliable source (for example the "VOC" entry from "VOC").
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

... or you can use a Transformer. 100% reliable. :wink:

Change "would need to" to "could" in my previous post.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers