DS Routine issue - Job aborting

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Kriskanth
Premium Member
Premium Member

DS Routine issue - Job aborting

Post by Kriskanth »

Hi,

I have created a routine in Datastage, basically a transform function type.It is compiled and tested properly; but, when i am using in transformer stage the job is getting aborted without proper information in the log.fyi, i have tested the routine by creating a direct input file to output file transformation with transformer stage in between.

I am not sure whether there are any limitations on 8x server jobs for using routines inside the expression or stage variables section in transformer stages. Please help...

DataStage Job 1107 Phantom 28708
The locks necessary for database operations at the current isolation
level (0) are not held by this process.
Rolling back uncommitted transactions begun within this execution environment.
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT was raised in stage PAR003_CONDITION_STG_To_ALG_SRV2..Transformer_67
DataStage Phantom Aborting with @ABORT.CODE = 3
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Sounds like you either have a transaction size too big or READU in your routine. You have too many records locked.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Or you're trying naughtily to WRITE to a record for which you're not the lock owner.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Worst case you could always post your routine for us to examine and offer opinions on. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers