Overwriting a file that has teh "append to Existing Fil

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Overwriting a file that has teh "append to Existing Fil

Post by JPalatianos »

Hi,
We have a sequnece that calls multiple jobs and each job after the 1st one appends data to a sequential file created in job1. The developer came by my desk and we we kicked off the sequence and I was on the server watching the file being recreated for every job. Has anyone seen behavior like this before. I double checked all the jobs and they have the "Append to Existing File" checked. As the servers admin I have made no changes on it.....any ideas what may cause this behavior. This job has been running fine for over a year now.
Thanks - - John
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

At what point is the file actually created? Can you recompile the job(s)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

I recompiled all the jobs in the sequence as well as the sequnece but the same overwrite issue. I am watching the file on the server when i kick off the sequence and I see that it is created by the first job...goes from 25=>13=>12=>5=>77=>681=>2 to finally 1KB as it passes from the first to the last job.
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

After investigating a bit further looks like the developer had the other admin change one of the admin variables for the path (for the file) to include the last "\" before the file name. Not sure what it did but when this was correceted everything is working fine again.
Thanks - - John