Autosys and datastage interaction

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raji33
Premium Member
Premium Member

Autosys and datastage interaction

Post by raji33 »

Hi All,

Iam new to autosys , can any one share their ideas like how datastage and autosys work together.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

DataStage is just another application that AutoSys (or any other Enterprise scheduler) can control. And by 'control' I mean launch and monitor jobs and control dependancies between scheduled events - DataStage or otherwise.

Most of us have some kind of "start DataStage job" script that wrappers the command line interface dsjob command with some sanity checks, this script is what your enterprise scheduler would... well, schedule.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
raji33
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by raji33 »

Thanks for your immediate response craig , where can i get that script how will i invoke that script through datastage or unix?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You would need to write one yourself. And this would be a script, so run at the operating system level in korn or bash or your shell of choice.

Hmmm.... there is at least one posted here, probably way more than most people need but let me see if I can turn it up...

Here: viewtopic.php?t=85578
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers