panthom warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

India2000
Participant

panthom warning

Post by India2000 »

rogram "JOB.1140653906.DT.1562646482.TRANS3": Line 181, Nonnumeric data when numeric required. Zero used.

I get this warning and my next job sequence doesnt execute becaus of this warning the previous job. What does this warning mean? I verifed all the column datatypes for this warning..But still I"m getting the same warning.

please can anyone tell me how to debug this issue?

thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

On your server look in RT_BPxxx subdirectory, where xxx is the job number for your job. The file JOB.1140653906.DT.1562646482.TRANS3 contains source code created by compiling a Transformer stage. Look at and around line number 181 to determine what was happening there. A non-numeric value has been supplied where a numeric value was required. Zero has been used instead in the numeric value.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Pacific007
Participant

Re: panthom warning

Post by Pacific007 »

India2000 wrote:rogram "JOB.1140653906.DT.1562646482.TRANS3": Line 181, Nonnumeric data when numeric required. Zero used.

I get this warning and my next job sequence doesnt execute becaus of this warning the previous job. What does this warning mean? I verifed all the column datatypes for this warning..But still I"m getting the same warning.

please can anyone tell me how to debug this issue?

thanks
I think you have checked datatypes in Datastage jobs itself, You shld check in database also. May be in datastage you changed some datatype while testing or loading. Hope this will resolve your issue. :)
Pacific
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

and my next job sequence doesnt execute becaus of this warning the previous job
Change the trigger condition for the subsequent activity link so that it is Custom(Conditional) , and with jobstatus < 3 , instead of using OK-Conditional.. That will ensure your next job will get triggered in spite of warning message(s) in prev job.

Thanks