ORA-00904 error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rsunny
Participant

ORA-00904 error

Post by rsunny »

Hi everyone,

I am trying to implement scd2 with the surrogatekey .i am getting an error while executing
CopyOfjs_scd1_SK..xfm1: |CopyOfjs_scd1_SK..ODBC_47.update: DSD.BCIOpenW call to SQLPrepare failed.
SELECT "sid","storeid","name","city","state","cid","startdate","enddate" FROM CDLEXIS1
SQLSTATE=S0022, DBMS.CODE=904
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC Oracle Wire Protocol driver][Oracle]ORA-00904: "enddate": invalid identifier|

can anybody tell me what is this error for?

thanks in advance
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It simply means that there is no column named "enddate" in your table.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rsunny
Participant

Post by rsunny »

chulett wrote:It simply means that there is no column named "enddate" in your table.
I see enddate in my table which is a reference table but i dont see enddate in my source table.so please can you tell me do i need to have enddate in my source table too.

thanks in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, if you're going to try to select it by name from source.

No if you're going to select it as a constant from source or generate its value within the job. But this second approach can not be done in the Oracle stage - it would need to be done on the output of a Transformer stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rsunny
Participant

Post by rsunny »

thanks everyone for the reply, but please can any one tell me how to find a solution for this as my source dont have start and end date and my reference has both startdate and enddate.now i am trying to implement scd type2 and i tried to implement the logic but not working as i am finding the same error.does my approach wrong?can anyone please suggest me how to find a solution for this error.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You can't select a column that doesn't exist, so you'll need to fix that in your source. For the reference, it sounds like you need to do a "range lookup" where your source date is between those two reference dates.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers