sql scripts

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raji33
Premium Member
Premium Member

sql scripts

Post by raji33 »

Hi All,

I was assigned a task to convert system generated sql script to datastage job and iam using server edition 7.5 version.
sql script consists of 15 tables and 3 views and and many joins and many subqueries , the sql script is almost 3 pages and it is deleting and inserting records and the first 2 lines of the query is mentioned below.

delete from tablename
insert into tablename followed by query.

so i dint in this way.

oracle----->transformer--------->target

and ihave pasted complete query in custom sql and then mentioned clear the table then insert rows under update action in target table.

Is it a good idea to do like that or is it good to break complete sql and then built the job based on the query?

can any one suggest plz.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My first thought is to suggest "plz" (whatever that is) because you asked us to do that.

My second thought is that, if your task was to CONVERT the sql script, then you have not done that - you have merely encapsulated it. Could it be that your requirement is to demonstrate your capability using purely DataStage components?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
raji33
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by raji33 »

yes every time they are running the query manually using sql developer, and

note:they dont want to use shell scripts

so asked me to convert to datastage jobs