Jobs won't run in new project but runs fine in older

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

johm73
Charter Member
Charter Member

Jobs won't run in new project but runs fine in older

Post by johm73 »

Our server environment has been around for 2 years. No patches or re-installs. We've recently added new developers and so I created "sandbox" projects for them. I did this in the same manner I created all the other projects in the past.

However, take any job that runs in older projects and it fails when trying to run in any of the new projects. It's the "Access Violation" error which is oh so descriptive and helpful. :roll:

After some testing I narrowed it down to the projects and not the new users because they can run jobs in older projects without issue. Older users cannot run any jobs in these new projects either.

I've searched high/low for permissions differences (or any other differences for that matter) on the server or projects and nothing looks different between the new/old projects.

Any ideas/thoughts?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Jobs won't run in new project but runs fine in older

Post by chulett »

Interesting.
johm73 wrote:I did this in the same manner I created all the other projects in the past.
And that would be?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
johm73
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Jobs won't run in new project but runs fine in older

Post by johm73 »

I used the Administrator and "Add" project.