Hashed file lookup problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rsunny
Participant

Post by rsunny »

shepli wrote:Right click on the hashed file and view the values of the output link to see if you can see the values in the hashed file.
If you used a local container, make sure the links at both ends of the container are identical.
Hope this helps.

shepli
I can able to view the data both on input as well as in output on the Hashed file, but not able to get the data out from hash file to transformer.I havent used container.

Thanks
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

rsunny wrote: I am not getting a matched data as there is no data coming from hash file
:idea: Important thing to note is that if a lookup is not found, then you will not get any rows from Hashed file stage. :idea:

It doesn't matter if there are values in the file. That is the reason why you are not seeing any row count (number) on that link. Hence, the suggestions from every one here are pointing to lookup failures.
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
rsunny
Participant

Post by rsunny »

Oh , that might be the problem. Thanks a lot.
And i need to compare source and reference without look up. is there anyway that we can do. i am using both as the flat files not the databases.