ds_nlsmap() - BCI NLS input mapping error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Hard to say with so little information. Is the NLS map actually loading when DataStage starts?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kamesh
Participant

Post by kamesh »

Hello Ray,
I do not have access to restart the engine to see if it really loads when we start the DataStage server. But I was under assumption that NLS maps are shown in administrator/designer if & only if they are loaded when DataStage starts OR I do not completely understand what you intend to know or ask.
vijayradhika
Participant

Post by vijayradhika »

Hi

Can anyone please let me know if there was a solution for this topic? I tried searching with keywords like migration from 7.5 to 8.1 also, but could not find a related topic. I am getting the same error during our migration from 7.5 to 8.1.

Source - AS400
Field Type - CHARACTER(15) [as defined in the source]

Project default (UTF8) used in DS and the source target mapping has Varchar(15)

Target - Oracle(but I am writing to a hash file for this job) which is also defined as Varchar(15)

There are no transformations selecting the data from ODBC stage and writing to Hashfile.

The error that I get is as follows.

Job_Name..Stage_Name.Link_Name: ds_nlsmap() - BCI NLS input mapping error, row 89645, column COLUMN_NAME
data 'CEIX0010990?'
external 4345495830303130393930A0

In the source there is a column with value CEIX0010990.

Even when I view the data and do a search for this sting I am getting the same error.

Any assistance on this issue is much appreicated.

Thanks,
Radhika
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The character on the end is 0xA0 (ASCII 160). See if you can work out how it got there. You should be able to trim it off.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vijayradhika
Participant

Post by vijayradhika »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your time. I did try trimming(Column Derivation level and SQL level) and it didn't work. Still getting the same error.

Thanks,
Radhika
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did you trim Char(160)?
vijayradhika
Participant

Post by vijayradhika »

All,

I fixed the job and this issue is resolved. In NLS tab I used
"Map name to use with stage:NONE " and the job ran fine without warnings.

Actually the same record was ignored in 7.5 as it was handled internally but 8.1 captures it as we are explicity specifying to use the NLS in the user specified format.

Thanks,
Premalatha