NLS mapping error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You have tried to change the map used to communicate between server and client (the "-CS" on the map name tells me that). You need first to open your project properties and there you will find an NLS tab where maps can be set, and where you will find ISO8859-1 and lots of others.
You can also change the map name in the job itself, even in stages that interact with "the outside world".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RAI ROUSES
Participant

Post by RAI ROUSES »

Hi,
Thanks for the answer, but I've tried changing the NLS in the project properties, but will not let me do, an error occurs when I try to do the change, not allowing me to change the NLS.

I doing this changed with dsadm, which is the datastage administration, should have the right privileges to make the change.

Suggestions?
8) Rai 8)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

WHAT error occurs? (Without that information your question is in the "my car won't start" class.)
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RAI ROUSES
Participant

Post by RAI ROUSES »

It occurred an RT error file, when try to change the NLS.

merci
8) Rai 8)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please post the exact (detail) text of the error.
RAI ROUSES
Participant

Post by RAI ROUSES »

Hi,
When i try to change the NLS in administrator (with user dsadm) ans set the 'ISO8859-15' to NLS, it return the fowlling error.

Map 'ISO8859-15' is unsuitable for client/server use -
Cannot convert the UniVerse mark character IM

The client/server map request was 'ISO8859-15', but the actual map set was 'MS1252-CS'.

In the job i try with different NLS and in all cases i get the same error :
ds_nlsmap() - BCI NLS input mapping error, row 3, column DSC_SRVINV

In the ODBC stage i can specifice the MLS map that I considered correct (ISO8859-15), but I still get the same error. I also try change in ODBC stage to other NLS maps, but I still have the same error.

In the dsenv file, we had changed the NLS_LANG from AMERICAN_AMERICAN.WE8DEC to AMERICAN_ AMERICAN.WE8ISO8859P15. But we still have the same problem.

Any suggestion ?

merci
8) Rai 8)
kamesh
Participant

Post by kamesh »

Hi Rai,
Did you get the solution for this issue by any chance or you had the tables changed from nvarchar to varchar?