ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen of oraoci9.so

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

daramanoj
Participant

ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen of oraoci9.so

Post by daramanoj »

Hi I am trying to run the datastage job i am getting this error

"ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen of oraoci9.so - libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

It seems connection to oracle is having some problem

Can any one help me out in this

Thanks in Advance
Thanks ,

Manoj
daramanoj
Participant

Post by daramanoj »

we are using oracle 9i
Thanks ,

Manoj
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

All jobs, just this job? Ever used the OCI stage before or is this the first time? Have you configured your dsenv file to add the Oracle variables?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
daramanoj
Participant

Post by daramanoj »

All the jobs
and this is not the first time i am using OCI stage

And can you please tell me how to check the configuration of dsenv file or how to configure the dsenv file to add oracle variables
Thanks ,

Manoj
daramanoj
Participant

Post by daramanoj »

Yeah i got a chance to see the dsenv file and everything related to oracle variables are configured and i have restarted the datastage server

even though i am facing this error
Thanks ,

Manoj
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Then some change has been made to your system and messed you up. Why is it looking for a 10g client? Sounds like a new version of Oracle may have been installed, talk to your DBAs and see.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
tabahon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tabahon »

I am working on an upgrade from 7.5.2 on an old server to a DS 9.1.2 on a brand new server.

I exported and imported a few jobs that have OraOCI stage from 7.5.2 into the new respository for 9.1.2 on the new server. When I try to view data for the source OCI stage in Designer, it gives me this same error:
"ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen of oraoci9.so - libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such File or directory".

The Oracle client installed on the new server is 11g version. I have configured the Oracle variables and also have added to the $ORACLE_HOME/bin in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in dsenv. (new server is on Linux)

I am working with DBAs to see if we can get an older version of Oracle client installed on the server and I am going to point dsenv to that path and see if it fixes this issue.

Has anyone encountered this issue during an upgrade? I would appreciate any help/suggestions that I could try to get this resolved.

----------------------------
-Thanks,
Naval Bal

Live-->Err-->Learn-->Live