UV Tables

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dr.murthy
Participant

UV Tables

Post by dr.murthy »

Hi ,

could you please any one clarify me where i need to find out UV Tables information( means table information)
D.N .MURTHY
kondeti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kondeti »

Murthy,
You will find in the project installation directory. But, you can't read directly those UV tables directly. You have to fire proper SQL queries in the command prompt (Administrator) for a respective project. Thank you.
dr.murthy
Participant

Post by dr.murthy »

Thanks for your reply,

am aware of datastage having two UV tables like
DS_JOBS and DS_OBJECTES but am not sure what information contains both tables.if posssible can you just guide me any info on this
D.N .MURTHY
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Moderator: please move to Server forum

Moved. I'm thinking it should really go in General since this topic applies to both products but since I've added notes about Server job access, we'll go where you bid. :wink:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kondeti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kondeti »

Both the tables DS_JOBS and DS_OBJECTES contain underlying metadata information about all the DataStage Jobs in a project. Like. JobId, Name, Created By, Modified By...etc. Thank You.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

I don't think UV tables in datastage repository are documented. However the basic details can be found from the VOC and tables's data dictionary.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The second table would actually be DS_JOBOBJECTS and in addition to simply querying them, you could also use LIST.DICT to see their structure. But, as noted, they are not officially documented.

You could also use those tables in a Server job via the UV stage set either to localuv or by specifying a project / account name at runtime, typically via a job parameter.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You have to trick DataStage into giving you the metadata for these tables. You need to create q-pointers. The VOC entry looks like this for DsJobs.

Q
<blank>
DS_JOBS

Where <blank> is an empty string. If you create with the ED command then put ; in there and replace ; with null. like c/;//.

There are lots of posts on q-pointers. RT_LOGnnn is another useful hashed file. EtlStats has lots of jobs which extract information from these tables. All of this is unsupported and may not work in the next release of DataStage. So be careful. API calls are a lot safer.
Mamu Kim