Need some help

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chrisjones
Participant

Need some help

Post by chrisjones »

Hi ,

Recently I joined in new project and one person gave KT to me and left the company, today when I am running the jobs, the job is aborting due to some source data issue and when I trying to debug with different stage I am facing some issue i:e password is hard coded in the original job i:e ODBC Stage and when I am trying to use DRDBMS stage I don't the password since it is hardcoded and no one in our project team know the password...can you please tell me how to get the actual password.
Thanks,
Chris Jones
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

My educated guess is Knowledge Transfer.

From OP's post my understanding was the password was hardcoded within the ODBC stage and not at the job parameter level. So not sure if doing an echo #Password# would work in this case.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Good guesses, you may very well be right on both counts. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's no legal way to do this.

If you export the job you will be able to find the encrypted password, then you can search DSXchange for a naughty algorithm that would allow you to decrypt it. By the time you've done that "they" may have changed the password. Change the job design to use a parameter. ALWAYS use parameters for passwords.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
HariK
Participant

Post by HariK »

Do a search for 'DataStage Analysis' and most probably you would get what you are looking for.