Call STP

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

victor236
Participant

Call STP

Post by victor236 »

Hi,

I have a Stored Procedure which needs to be triggered by the datastage job. The Procedure starts based on the sequence number in oracle and inserts records into table.
Procedure has to trigger as the job starts and the Procedure is not having any Input Parameters.

I tried with the STP stage as target passing a dummy column. I got couple of errors like,

STP2..Stored_Procedure_0: ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'OD_CL_RMS_QUE_IO' ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PL/SQL: Statement ignored

The STP which is target will not accept any parameters but still i am getting the above error.

STP2..Stored_Procedure_0: ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number

I am not sure what is happening, can anyone suggest whats going wrong and what to do...

Thanks in advance./ :)
Victor
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

The dummy column that you are passing in is going into stored procedure call as an argument.
One work around is to Just create a dummy input argument in stored procedure to handle the Dummy column.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
victor236
Participant

Post by victor236 »

This topic has been resolved, actually I had an Oracle stage as a Source and in SQL tab I called the stored proc

'SELECT 'Procedure <procedure name> last ran: ' || sysdate FROM dual'

where i am not passing any parametes and taking sysdate as output and writing to file.
:lol:
Victor