Incomplete column value??

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sweety123
Participant

Incomplete column value??

Post by sweety123 »

Hi all,

I have a server job having a sequential file as source. This file has a field DC_ID with 'Incomplete column' value set to 'Error'.
This field is being mapped to another sequential file in same format. But on compilation I get the follwoing error:

The Incomplete column value of Column DC_ID must have values in ascending order

Can anybody tell me the meaning and reason for this error??

Thanks in advance.
HariK
Participant

Re: Incomplete column value??

Post by HariK »

Could you post your job design and the complete error message. ie., the stage where you are getting the error, you can identify it by clicking show error or more buttons on compile window.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It means that any 'Incomplete Column' handling must be done from whatever column you start with to the end. In other words, you can't have 10 columns and set this on 7 only, you have to set it for 7-10.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Click Help while you are in the Columns grid. The explanation there is quite good.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sweety123
Participant

Post by sweety123 »

Ray,

Thanks for your response. I understood the different options for 'incomplete column' from DataStage help. However, I still have a query...

In my job, the DC_ID is 10th out of 15 columns in the input file. Incomplete column value is set to Error for it. While mapping to an intermediate file, I make it the last column of the file. In doing so, DataStage does not accept any value for 'incomplete column' rule other than Replace.....What can be the possible reason for this behavior?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You have to set column#15 first, then column #14, and so on till you get to column #10. And higher-numbered columns must always have "weaker" rules than lower-numbered columns.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sweety123
Participant

Post by sweety123 »

Thanks a lot Ray and everybody. This is a big help :)