Job not running

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arnie_nits
Participant

Job not running

Post by arnie_nits »

Hi,

I have a job that was working OK until now. Now it just keeps on running and shows no rows being extracted. In director, it is stuck at this line:
DSD.BCIConnect call to SQLConnect returned informational message

What can be the reason....please suggest.

Regards,
Arnie.
ETLJOB
Participant

Post by ETLJOB »

A search on the key word "DSD.BCIConnect" returns lot of threads. Those posts suggest it could be a problem with the ODBC connection. I hope at least one of that posts hold good for you. BTW, You didn't explain your job design.
arnie_nits
Participant

Post by arnie_nits »

it is an extract job....extracts from a table.. contains few lookups and a sort stage...and loads into a sequential file....
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Try stopping the job followed by reset and rerun - assuming you have waited quite long to loose your patience.
arnie_nits
Participant

Post by arnie_nits »

Well I broke the job in to parts.....from the db to a seq file and then from that file I was able to extract and perform the operations like lookups,sort etc.....was very strange....wonder what can be the reason!!....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Could be contention of some kind in the source database.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.