Passing parameter

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ksk
Participant

Passing parameter

Post by ksk »

hi,
i have a job which fetches 8 million record so i have planned to limit the row by using query limit . so for this i can use a parameter which will fed the limit 6 times .so please help me to do this.
Thanks
creatingfusion
Participant

Re: Passing parameter

Post by creatingfusion »

You can parameterize the query limit offcourse.
Check on the records how would you like to filter that into six groups based on which you may use the query limits in that. You can create that parameter in the Job properties .
Abhijit
ksk
Participant

Re: Passing parameter

Post by ksk »

creatingfusion wrote:You can parameterize the query limit offcourse.
Check on the records how would you like to filter that into six groups based on which you may use the query limits in that. You can create that parameter in the Job properties .
Abhijit
Hi
I need like this i have parameter start limit and end limit the value for this should be passed like when i run the job first parameter value should be 0 100000 next run 100000 100000 next run 200000 300000.. please help for this i want to do this in single job but i need to pass different parameter value
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What part are you having a problem with? :?

Create two job parameters and include them in your SQL with pound/hash signs like normal. You'll need to create a mechanism to store the last value then retrieve and increment it properly, of course. That could be as simple as a flat file that you read and write back to (or any other structure) in a Sequence job that then passes the two values to the Job Activity that runs your job.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ksk
Participant

Post by ksk »

chulett wrote:What part are you having a problem with? :?

Create two job parameters and include them in your SQL with pound/hash signs like normal. You'll need to create a mechanism to store the last value then retrieve and increment it properly, of course. That could be as simple as a flat file that you read and write back to (or any other structure) in a Sequence job that then passes the two values to the Job Activity that runs your job.
Actually i have query with limit .now i am planning to use multiple instance so that i can pass different parameter .
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

FYI - They don't need to be multi-instance to "pass different parameter" but they will if you want the jobs to run simultaneuously.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers