Errors while executing DSEenable_impersonation.sh

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ORACLE_1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Errors while executing DSEenable_impersonation.sh

Post by ORACLE_1 »

Hello All,

I am getting warnings when root user is trying to execute DSEenable_impersonation.sh script. Here are the warnings:

Code: Select all

# ./DSEenable_impersonation.sh
chmod: WARNING: can't access /sample/ds.rc.orig
chown: /sample/ds.rc.orig: No such file or directory
uvregen: reconfiguration complete, disk segment size is 6924816

I am trying to run the impersonation script since I am not able to execute dsjob through UNIX console. The error I am getting is:

ld.so.1: dsjob: fatal: libvmdsapi.so: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

When I did a search on this error, I found that it will be fixed by running DSEenable_impersonation.sh script. But I am getting errors when trying to execute it. Please help me out.

Thanks in Advance!!

~Prakash.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Check the presence of .so file. The path you have given might not exist or the file would not be present on that path
Impersonation - is nothing but like a db 'role' in oracle

Regards
Sreeni
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'll wager your "impersonation" quest is a red herring. Tell us more about your "execute dsjob" problem - off the top of my head it sounds like you just need to 'source' your dsenv file first to properly set the environment up. So... if you could post some details as to what exactly it is you are doing to leverage dsjob, that would probably be best.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ORACLE_1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ORACLE_1 »

Thanks for the replies Srini and Craig!!

I am going to use dsjob for kicking off DataStage jobs from UC4 scheduler. Right now, we have it setup using dsr_sched.sh (off from Crontab). But unfortunately that way UC4 thinks the job is done the moment it kicks off ETL successfully. By using dsjob DataStage can return status and make UC4 wait until the job is done.

Also Craig, pardon my ignorance. I did not understand what you mean by "need to source your dsenv file first to properly set the environment up". Please let me know.

Thank You!!

~Prakash.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You should be scheduling a wrapper script rather than dsjob directly, that way you can prepare the way and handle any 'before' or 'after' activities that may be needed. In order to create the same environment from the scheduler that the jobs would have when run from the client, you need to "source" your dsenv file so that it can setup all of the environment variables needed. Try adding this before you launch dsjob:

cd $DSHOME
. ./dsenv
And yes, that is "dot space dot slash" before the filename.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers