IBM Information Server - New project Window

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ketfos
Participant

IBM Information Server - New project Window

Post by ketfos »

Hi,
Is this the right forum for posting question on IBM Information Server.
Datastage 8.1 runs under IBM Information Server.

I am logged in as adminstrator in IBM Information Server.

1. The New Project option under the File menu is disabled.

2. When I click under Open Project under File Menu, I do not see any projects.

What piece of information is missing here?

ketfos
ketfos
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Which window (tab) are you on?

DataStage projects are created with the DataStage Administrator client, not with Web Console for Information Server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

Hi,
I agree datastage Projects are created using the administration client.

What is the project which is referred in IBM Information Server tool.

This is the option you see when you open Information Server, under the File Menu -- New Project and Open Project.

My question is what is Project been refered in this tool and why the New project option is disable?

Thanks

Ketfos
ketfos
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would assume it's disabled because you are not logged in as the IS administrator. Don't forget there are more than one and one size does not fit all.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

Hi,

I am login as the administrator and have all the privleges as suite administrator.

this is the admin user we set up while we installed the IBM Information Server under which Datastage 8.1 runs.

ketfos
ketfos
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you opening "IBM Information Server console" or "Web console for Information Server"? The first is for Information Analyzer and Information Services Director - my guess is you've opened that and are seeking to create an Information Analyzer project. Please confirm.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pratapsriram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pratapsriram »

I am also currently facing the same issue. Was this resolved?

In my case,I sat down with our Administrator and trying to create a Project in Information Console, but cannot see the New Project button highlighted. We checked the roles in the web console. The admin has the Suite Administrator role and in the Suite roles all the boxes are checked. Can someone throw light as to where we should start looking? We saw the same settings from the configuration window in the Information Server Console client.

Thanks.
Knowledge is Power
mramak
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mramak »

You have to be clear in what type of project you are trying to create.

1. If your goal is to create a new Information Analyzer project, then you need to create the new project through Information Server Console. If you don't see the new project enabled, the reason is the admin account you are using doesn't have the "Information Analyzer Project Administrator" role enabled. Please keep in mind you need to have this role enabled to create a new Information Analyzer project and just having the "DataStage and QualityStage Administrator" role will not work.

2. If your goal is to create a new DataStage Project then you shouldn't be using the Information Server Console. For this you would have to the use the DataStage Administrator Client.

I hope this helps.
DSX_MEMBER