lookup error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bhargav_dd
Premium Member
Premium Member

lookup error

Post by bhargav_dd »

I'm trying to lookup an oracle table in a server job & when I compile I receive this message. I have no constraints in my transform stage. What am I doing wrong?
Pin\%%V0S1P17.Column\%%1 = #<>~

^
"GE" unexpected, Was expecting: Assignment Operator
1 Errors detected, No Object Code Produced.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You appear to have "#<" in an expression. This "not less than" operator is a synonym for "greater than or equal to" or "GE". Your derivation expression is syntactically invalid. Right click on the expression and choose "Validate Derivation" to get advice on what's wrong, then fix it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: lookup error

Post by vivekgadwal »

bhargav_dd wrote:I'm trying to lookup an oracle table in a server job & when I compile I receive this message. I have no constraints in my transform stage. What am I doing wrong?
Pin\%%V0S1P17.Column\%%1 = #<>~

^
"GE" unexpected, Was expecting: Assignment Operator
1 Errors detected, No Object Code Produced.
Check and see, as Ray suggested, inside the transformer stage if any fields are showing up as "Red". Validate the derivation and the tool will tell you where you went wrong.
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Don't forget to check stage variable initialization and derivation expressions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.