Issue with DSJobinfo

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

G SHIVARANJANI
Participant

Issue with DSJobinfo

Post by G SHIVARANJANI »

Hi,

I am using DSJOBInfo function in one of the routine stages in a SEQ.
But the problem is , when i check the option "Log warnings after activities that finish with status other thanok" in seq job properties.
The seq errors out saying

JobControl (@DSJobSuccess): Routine DSU.DSJobInfo did not finish OK, return code = '1'
G SHIVARANJANI
Participant

Post by G SHIVARANJANI »

When i remove he option check. the seq runs without any problem.
Please help me understand the problem.
I need the check option to be there in seq.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You have a routine activity calling one of your routines DSJobInfo. Whenever a routine returns other than 0 this is regarded - by the "automatically handle" mechanism - as a failure. Either change the routine to return 0 or include an explicit Failure trigger - which takes precedence over the automatic handling mechanism - on the routine activity.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The 'online' help for that checked option in Sequence jobs fully explains how to fix your problem. So open one, go to Job Properties and click the Help button.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
G SHIVARANJANI
Participant

Post by G SHIVARANJANI »

chulett wrote:The 'online' help for that checked option in Sequence jobs fully explains how to fix your problem. So open one, go to Job Properties and click the Help button. ...
I have used another routine activity to use DSjobWARN function to trap the warning generated by a sub seq of a main seq.

The issue is fixed now.
Thanku
I ll also check the help.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... you left the "Log warnings" option unchecked? As noted, it is very simple to solve your original issue and keep that functionality as well. :?
-craig

G SHIVARANJANI
Participant

Post by G SHIVARANJANI »

chulett wrote:So... you left the "Log warnings" option unchecked? As noted, it is very simple to solve your original issue and keep that functionality as well. :? ...

Sorry craig but i dint find the Help option on the job properties window.
i am using DS 7.5 version
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well, then a Help button anywhere inside an open Sequence job will get you there, then find the help for the Job Property we've been discussing. Or open the full help from the menu and use the Index or Search tabs to find it. It *is* there.
-craig