Datastage Version Control

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ORACLE_1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datastage Version Control

Post by ORACLE_1 »

Version Control - I am trying to understand how the version control tool works , how much effort does it take to set this up , and does it yield enough to even take a shot at it.

I know this question is some what vague but any help will be appreciated.

Thanks !!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Setting up is very straightforward, and is managed by the installation script. Essentially you have a separate project (by default called VERSION) in which are stored version-stamped copies of the objects from your actual DataStage projects. The Version Control tool provides an interface through which the next version can be created, and migrated into other projects (such as test or production environments).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It also ships with a pdf document that walks you through everything you should need to know about it. The online help mirrors that pdf pretty closely.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ORACLE_1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ORACLE_1 »

I will go through the Documents... quick follow up question , can this be setup after the project is created (in short for existing environment)?
major
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by major »

yes , of course