Accessing files from remote host

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mail2hfz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Accessing files from remote host

Post by mail2hfz »

Hello All,

Datastage is on host A and files reside on host B. Can we access files directly from remote host B in datastage(tried with seq file stage) without ftp to datastage local host. Is there any settings for this? The files zone is not a shared mount between the hosts.

Thanks!
anbu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by anbu »

For sequential file stage, files should reside in DS server(Host A).
You are the creator of your destiny - Swami Vivekananda
mail2hfz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mail2hfz »

Thanks. Besides seq files stage, any other way I can achieve it? (as an example I've given seq stage). I knew it should be local or atleast common/share mount point between the hosts, to view the files. Just wanted to make sure, I am not missing anything before I propose my design.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If the files are not visible from the OS then DataStage cannot access them either. The standard tools of NFS mounting, rcp, scp, or ftp will allow DataStage to process the files.
vinothkumar
Participant

Post by vinothkumar »

In which OS your DataStage server got installed. Unix or Windows ? ? If your DataStage and remote files are in Windows then I guess you can access those files by giving the file name as //Servername/directory/filename.
mail2hfz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mail2hfz »

Thanks guys.
bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bobyon »

I could certainly be wrong because I have not done it myself, but I thought there was a way to set up an ODBC connection to a sequential file on a remote server.
Bob
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Mounting the remote directory (that contains the files) on the local system is supported.

Yes, you can configure the ODBC driver for text files to access a remote "server".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.