Lookup table with multiple values as output!!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

paranoid
Premium Member
Premium Member

Lookup table with multiple values as output!!

Post by paranoid »

Hi,

We have a requirement where we require multiple matching rows from refernce data to be outputed out of a lookup. We are using Datastage Server Jobs. Can someone help us on how this can be achieved through Server Jobs

Eg:

Master File/table:
Id Name
1 A
2 A
3 B
5 C
6 C
7 C
8 C
9 C

Refernce File/Table
ID Feild1
1 A
2 A
3 B
5 C
6 C
7 C
8 C
9 C
Y 2
U X
V Y

Output expected:
ID Name Field1
1 A A
2 A A
X 1 A
Y 2 A
U X A
V Y A
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I don't know if it is just me being tired, but I can't figure out your logic. Your source has 8 rows, reference has 13 and output 6. Your output key seems to come from the reference file, but the output makes it seems as if you are retrieving the "Feild1" <sic> value. Could you perhaps explain the logic or use unique column names to make it easier to understand the example?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Regardless, you can only get multiple records back from a lookup by using the ODBC or UV stages and by enabling that option on the lookup link itself. Search for "multi-row result set" here for many discussions on the subject.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Looks like there's a "<> 'C'" condition somewhere in the logic too. Do provide us with your specification of business logic.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.