OCI stage running slow to extract records in different envi.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dilip.datastage
Participant

OCI stage running slow to extract records in different envi.

Post by dilip.datastage »

Hi,
I have a query which selects data from Oracle database. I have used OCI stage in datastage server job and write the data to a file.

I have 3 different environments- Production, Development and UAT. I am gettign 3 different run time statistics for same query.

I production job is taking 2 hours to complete. In Devlopment it is taking 4 hours and in UAT it took 32 hours to complete.

Devlopment and UAT are in same box but still i have differenece in run time.

in both the evnironments i have same number of indexes on the columns. But still finding difficult why it is taking 32 hours to complete in UAT environment.

What i have to check to overcome this problem?

Regards

Dilip.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

When you say "same query", how same is same? Are you saying each environment connects to the same Oracle instance and runs the exact same query with the same stage settings and you get wildly different run times? Or each ETL environment sources from a different Oracle instance, dev for dev, prod for prod, etc? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need to identify what is different between the two environments.

Is there a similar discrepancy using some other client tool, such as TOAD or sqlplus?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.