Unable to send Email

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

major
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to send Email

Post by major »

Hi all,

I created a new sequence and using an email notification activity to email 2 csv files which are generated in previous job , but i am getting the below errors.

Interesting thing is there are already some sequences which are using email stage and they are able to successfully send the email but not the one which is newly created by me.

Warning 1

VALIDATIONS..JobControl (DSSendMail): Error when executing command: C:\Ascential\DataStage\Projects\AUTOBOOKING\sendmail_VALIDATIONS84016_046_4244.bat
*** Output from command was: ***
SMTPMail Looking up server...
SMTPMail Unable to locate server!

Please check any paths in the following command file are correct, and if necessary adjust the 'dssendmail_template.txt' file in the project directory.

Contents of command file:
C:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\dssmtpmail.exe -file sendmail_VALIDATIONS84016_046_4244_file.tmp

Warining 2

VALIDATIONS..JobControl (@Notification_Activity_3): Routine DSSendMail did not finish OK, return code = '-21'

Warning 3

VALIDATIONS..JobControl (@Notification_Activity_3): Controller problem: Unhandled failure (-21) encountered calling routine DSSendMail

Please help me.

Thanks in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's picked up the name of your SMTP server (a property of the Notification activity or DSSendMail function argument) but is unable to find an SMTP server of that name.

Which SMTP server do you have installed and where is it installed? Is this findable using your command search list (PATH environment variable)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Make sure you've actually specified that property in the Email Notification stage and that you are using the same value as the other stages that do work for you.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
major
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by major »

Thanks guys for your insight into the problem

I have enclosed SMTP server name in single quotes :oops:
I removed the quotes and its working fine now.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please mark this thread as Resolved
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.