WebService

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sreedhar
Participant

WebService

Post by Sreedhar »

Hi All,

One of my web service is running continuously, it is a multi instance job on DS. When I force abort the job in Director it is invoking one more instance.

How do I stop it from running?

Regards,
shree
Regards,
Shree
785-816-0728
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

From the same place you started or deployed it - from whatever the "RTI Console" is called nowadays.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Sreedhar
Participant

Post by Sreedhar »

I undeployed the service, and also deleted the project but still the job is running in Datastage.

Not sure what is wrong with it. Any Idea?

Regards,
Regards,
Shree
785-816-0728
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... to stop the job you deleted the project it was part of? :?

At this point, just kill the darn thing.
-craig

eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Once you recover this scenario, the preferred thing to do is to "Disable" the Operation that controls the Job.....

...in the ISD Console (Information Server Console), get yourself to the "Deployed Application Workspace" [this is after you have successfully deployed a new Application w/Service, Operation and Job and gotten things cleanly working again].

...find the "edit" button at the bottom of the far right....click it.

...this will show up a Disable/Enable button at the bottom left.....highlight a whole Application, Service, or Operation and allow you to just "disable" it...this makes it unavailable for invokation, and stops the jobs from running. Try to never stop them via the Director....they will just start up again automatically becausee of the "minimum" setting in your Operation, as designed.

To help with navigation thru the console, check out these shortcut suggestions:
http://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2008/09 ... -director/

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Thanks Ernie. It's been way too long since my RTI days, so didn't remember all the fiddly bits of exactly where to go, let alone where / what everything is now in the WISD world. And being a studly Informatica dude nowadays, no way to check either. :wink:
-craig

Sreedhar
Participant

Post by Sreedhar »

Thanks for you help I was able to kill the process from Unix and then get rid of the Jobs from DataStage.

Regards,
Shree
Regards,
Shree
785-816-0728