C Stage PlugIn function "Get" required (DB2)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MikeGoldrick
Premium Member
Premium Member

C Stage PlugIn function "Get" required (DB2)

Post by MikeGoldrick »

Hi All

This has been going on for several weeks. We have many oracle jobs which are running fine. When the requirement came up to access db2, everything came to a grinding halt.

The jobs are server jobs. they are accessing db2 using the db2/udb api stage. This same job runs beautifully in another environment (uat) but fails in production.

if i try to "view" the data in the table it would error out. The tracing from information on this board led me to the dsenv file which was not correct. It was missing the db2 lines that are in the uat copy. Once i did that, i can now browse the table data in prod which led me to believe the fix worked.

However, when the job ran last night it abended with the same plugin message. Can anyone point me to what could be a possible problem?

thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If one environment work and the other doesn't because a function cannot be found, then the likely cause is in your LIB or LIBPATH values (also set through the dsenv script). Can you compare the two environment values to locate discrepancies?