Warning while sql seems to be executing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Warning while sql seems to be executing

Post by JPalatianos »

Hi,
We have a simple job that has a dummy file going into an ODBC stage (SQL server) taht runs an update statement. Looks like everything is successful but the job throws the warning below. This is the first time we are executing this job in Version 8.0. I just ported this project over from version 7.5.

Thanks - - John

Server:NJROS1BBLA0681
Project:CostFoundation
Job No:169
Job name:Zero_EnteredCost
Invocation:
Event Number:42
Event type:Warning
User:PRUDENTIAL\X090842
Timestamp:4/13/2010 12:36:24 PM
Message Id:-1
Zero_EnteredCost..Zero_EnteredCost.IDENT1.dummy_in: DSD.BCIPut call to SQLExecute failed.
SQL statement:UPDATE cfssas_enteredcostelement_in Set EnteredCost = 0 WHERE EnteredCost is not null
2528 Rows affected.

dummy = "x "
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

I just ran the same job in Version 7.5 and I do not receive a warning and no log entry for teh number of rows updated just the following:
Project:CostFoundation (PAERSCBBLA0293)
Job name:Zero_EnteredCost
Event #:55
Timestamp:4/13/2010 12:46:36 PM
Event type:Info
User:PRUDENTIAL\X090842
Zero_EnteredCost..Zero_EnteredCost: DSD.BCIConnect call to SQLConnect returned informational message.
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

The only difference beside the version was the ODBC we are using, unfortunately I copied the 7.5 ODBC to our 8.0 server and the warning persists!! I opened a PMR with IBM so they can lend a hand.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It's probably something that should have happened in the early version that they "fixed" in the later release. That "informational message" is what you now see - the number of rows affected. There may be some setting in the DB or ODBC options to turn that off, be curious what support comes back with as it really shouldn't be classed as a failure. IMHO.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

I opened a PMR with IBM and they have replicated the issue on there side...They just opened an APAR (# JR36390) and will most likely be issuing us a patch for this....

I'll update teh thread with any developments.