How to find the Job Type?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kondeti
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to find the Job Type?

Post by kondeti »

Dear All,
I have a question.

Is there any way to return nature of the job type ( Example: Sequencer, Server job and Parallel job).

Reason behind this question: We do have multiple projects in the production environment, and each project holding more than 1000 Jobs. For all these projects I am creating an Operational Matrix by using existing available jobs list in the DataStage repository. Unfortunately the development team didn't follow any naming standards and they are not differencing Job Sequences and Server Jobs with naming standards. Now I have to generate only serverjobs information not the Job Sequencers.

Is there any way to pull only Server Jobs Information from the Repository. Thank you.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Code: Select all

SELECT NAME FMT '30L', CATEGORY FMT '46L' FROM DS_JOBS WHERE NAME NOT LIKE '\\%' AND JOBTYPE = '0';
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kondeti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kondeti »

Thank you so much Ray. You are a treasure of knowledge. Thank you.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Oh... he's just a treasure. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Poovalingam
Participant

Post by Poovalingam »

Hi Ray,
It was great feeling to see this query. I know that we can run this query and admin commands on Websphere administration console. Shall we run the same query on unix command promp after making metadata repository connectivity?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No.

Nor can you run it from the WebSphere Application Server administration console.

Nor does the query access the unified metadata repository (XMETA) - it accesses the local repository for the project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.