Unable to allocate memory

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to allocate memory

Post by zulfi123786 »

I am trying to write to a hashfile using "Allow Statge Write Cache" option set. I am facing the following warnings.

djsStgFidelityBackFill_QC_52..hshTmpFidRed.lnkNewColmns: Read link private caching enabled, cache size (128MB)

djsStgFidelityBackFill_QC_52..hshStgFidelityTmp.lnkOtherArrFidelityWrite: add_to_heap() - Unable to allocate memory

Here is it trying to read all data from the source then put it into cache from there trying to write to hahsfile, where the source data is huge compared to cache memory hence throwing the above warning? and what is the heap concept here?
My job has run though with warnings, does it mean that there is a chance that the data might not have loaded accurately?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Probably not. But it wasn't able to use the read cache, because there was not enough space there for all the data. So it has read the hashed file from disk instead.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by zulfi123786 »

Can some one throw some light on the function add_to_heap()
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

it is an undocumented internal function which add data to the memory structure.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Unable to allocate memory

Post by chulett »

zulfi123786 wrote:what is the heap concept here?
Heap concept.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers