Upgrade to Unidata v7.2.3

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rprajput
Premium Member
Premium Member

Upgrade to Unidata v7.2.3

Post by rprajput »

We are using datastage v7.5.2 Server edition on Windows 2000. Currently, our source database is Unidata6.0 and target is Oracle 9i.

We are in process of refreshing our infrastructure. As a first step, we will be upgrading the source system as follows

Current Environment New Environment
Hardware M80 js23 Power Blade
OS AIX 5.2 AIX 6.1
Database Unidata 6.0 Unidata 7.2.3

Is there any experience using Unidata 7.2.3 with datastage 7.5.2? Are there any connectivity issues? We are using Unidata stage in datastage to extract data from Unidata 6.0.

Thankyou all for your time.
R Rajput
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

There's no "official" support for Unidata beyond version 6 in DataStage. However, there's no reason to suppose the Unidata 6 stage won't work with Unidata 7. Have you tried it?

If that doesn't work, configure the Unidata account for use with ODBC, and you can use the latest UniODBC driver.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rprajput
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rprajput »

Thanks Ray.

Yes I did try to connect through Unidata stage and get the following error.

DB_NJS_LOG_Ext_Fr_Unidata..DB_NJS_LOG.DB_NJS_LOG_Ext: ds_udtopen() Unable to execute file SELECT - 30105 - UDT error

DB_NJS_LOG_Ext_Fr_Unidata..DB_NJS_LOG.DB_NJS_LOG_Ext: DSD.UDTOpen GCI $DS.UDTOpen error 24.