Istools script Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srireddypunuru
Premium Member
Premium Member

Istools script Issue

Post by srireddypunuru »

Team.

I am trying to run the below script but i get the below issues. Need some thoughts on this please !

"./istool export -domain bhpiis001 -u srpunuru -p ibm123 -ar /home/srpunuru/test.isx -ds '-base="bhx001.bhdev1.ibm.com/BHDEVCN" Jobs/Abhinav/*.*'
Beginning Export
Export failed: Project not found: BHDEVCN

But i see the project is there but not sure why i get this message.

Thanks
Srikanth Punuru
Srikanth Reddy
Integration Consultant
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

One possibility is the port number. I always fully quality the domain (-dom) with the portnumber, such as mydomain:9080

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try specifying the -server option explicitly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
srireddypunuru
Premium Member
Premium Member

Istool export command doesnt work..

Post by srireddypunuru »

./istool export -domain bhpiis001.pok.ibm.com:9080 -u srpunuru -p Zaq1@wsx -archive /home/srpunuru/test.isx -datastage ' -base="bhpiis001.pok.ibm.com:9080/BHDEVCN/Jobs/Abhinav/" '
Beginning Export
Elapsed time: 00:00:00
Exported 0 assets

I Tried to export the using istools and doesnt do anything need help here in this case !

Thanks in Advance..
Srikanth Reddy
Integration Consultant
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I haven't been using it (istool) recently with DataStage Jobs (.dsx's have been fine for my current requirements), but like the other assets (I've been using it mostly with the new common metadata support for things like Shared Tables), I believe that there is an asset type that you have to apply in order to do things like wildcarding on your selection. Take a close look at the doc...there are a large list of asset types (for instance, one that I remember is that *.pjb is for all parallel jobs, etc.).

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
srireddypunuru
Premium Member
Premium Member

Istool export failed Usergroup..

Post by srireddypunuru »

I did change that now the error i get is as follows.

ISTOOL Script -- /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Clients/istools/cli>istool export -domain bhpiis001.pok.ibm.com:9080 -v -u srpunuru -p Zaq1@wsx -ar

/home/srpunuru/R1A_DEV_test.isx -ds '-incdep -base="bhpiis001.pok.ibm.com:9080/BHDEVCN" Jobs/Abhinav/*.pjb'

Output of the Script:

Beginning Export

[1/1] BHPIIS001.POK.IBM.COM:9080/BHDEVCN/Jobs/Abhinav/temp.pjb failed

Unable to log in to DataStage Service: Failed to connect to host "BHPIIS001.POK.IBM.COM" as user "dsuser".

The host name is not valid, or the host is not responding.
Elapsed time: 00:02:08
Exported 0 assets

I did check the usergroup of my user it is 'dsuser'. Not sure what is happeing need some help here.

Thanks
Srikanth Punuru
Srikanth Reddy
Integration Consultant
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The host name is not valid, or the host is not responding.

Resolve this problem first.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.