Stagevariables

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ntr
Participant

Stagevariables

Post by ntr »

Hi all please tell me what type of stage variable are uesed in any project

please give me 3 ex

thanks&Regards
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

This sounds too much like an interview question to warrant answering in DSXChange. Since DSXChange consists of loose a group of professionals the concensus is that we prefer that DataStage developers do not memorize interview questions and answers in order to secure a role, as that is to the general detriment of the whole community.

If this is not an interview question, then please specify what you are trying to find out and why you want 3 answers.
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

ArndW wrote:do not memorize interview questions and answers in order to secure a role, as that is to the general detriment of the whole community.
I get the feeling we're too late for that... not just from those trying to get job interview answers (although why interviewers would ask such questions is beyond me) but from those who are about one step off telling you to email the completed job to their requirements... or am I being too cynical?
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

It is sort of a trick question anyway. Stage variables are fairly unlimited in their use. I have jobs to prove it. I have seen almost anything you can imagine done in a stage variable. Most of us know that so that is why we think your question is a job interview question. Sorry but they want people who are using DataStage to get the jobs and not people memorizing answers. Most of us have been burned by hiring unqualified people. There are good developers looking for good jobs and we want to help those developers learn and get good jobs. If you are truly trying to learn then keep asking questions or explain why you need to know this. We are not trying to be rude but we have good reasons for not answering questions worded like this.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Even, long ago, the ability to produce lunch.

(OK, that was a routine, but one that could be called from a stage variable derivation expression.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.