Evaluating Datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

John S
Participant

Evaluating Datastage

Post by John S »

HI, Where can get a copy of the latest version of Datastage for an evaluation - a Windows version?

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Find an IBM InfoSphere reseller in your part of the world (IBM can tell you who these are) and convince them that there is a 50% or better likelihood of a sale after your evaluation.

IBM does not provide free downloadable copies of this software.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Or get yourself an Amazon elastic web services account and start using DataStage for about US$21 an hour.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Elastic Compute Cloud? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dspxguy
Participant

Post by dspxguy »

I think he means

aws.amazon.com/ec2
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

It's very cool. I had the pleasure of doing some beta testing with it.....it works great....took a little getting used to at first (mostly conceptually as you set up the instances and IP addresses thru their gui's)-- you become your own "administrator" and configure and start stuff, and then have Windows images for your client....but it's a great way to test things on a much bigger box when needed, and/or do evals too.....

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>