dssh view is annoying

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

dssh view is annoying

Post by zulfi123786 »

I have started dssh from telnet every thing is fine untill i run some uv commands where the result each time it asks me to enter any key and then it superimposes the next page (each page has around only 12 lines) over the current one, is there a way where the result canbe viewed without superimposing

DICT DS_AUDIT 04:08:37am 27 Feb 2010 Page 1

Type &
Field......... Field. Field........ Conversion.. Column......... Output Depth &
Name.......... Number Definition... Code........ Heading........ Format Assoc..

@ID D 0 DS_AUDIT 10L S
KEY D 0 Class\ID 40L S
DTC D 1 Created on 20L S
CREATOR D 2 Created by 20T S
PREVDTD D 3 Last deleted on 20L S
PREVDELETOR D 4 Last deleted by 20L S
DTM D 5 Modified on 20L M MODS
MODIFIER D 6 Modified by 20T M MODS
REASON D 7 Reason for modi 38T M MODS
fication
INSTANCE I FIELD(KEY, Instance ID 40T S
"\", 2, 99)
CLASS I FIELD(KEY, Class 10L S
"\", 1)
MODS PH DTM MODIFIER
REASON
@ PH ID.SUP KEY
DTC CREATOR
Press any key to continue...

and when i type a key this info is erased and only the rest of the result is shown....
zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by zulfi123786 »

and also i cannot copy and paste the commands in dssh, if i do so the case of characters is toggled. :roll:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well, for the copy/paste issue you can issue PTERM CASE NOINVERT to make that stop but make sure you still remember to type in UPPER CASE when appropriate.

For the first issue, we'd probably need some help from the Old Ones here who cut their tentacles on stuff like this but in the meantime what software are you using for your UNIX session? What terminal is it emulating? There's probably some obscure UV command that will help. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

SET.TERM.TYPE VT100 WIDTH 80 DEPTH 24

Make sure that your terminal emulator is emulating a VT100. If not, substitute the relevant terminal type in the SET.TERM.TYPE command, which tells "UniVerse" what terminal type is connected to it. The initial terminal type is set from the TERM environment variable, or to ansi if this environment variable is not set.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.