Inserting into XML type columns on AIX DB2

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

LaLex
Participant

Inserting into XML type columns on AIX DB2

Post by LaLex »

Hello,

I would like to know, how can I using datastage to insert value into XML type fields in DB2 on AIX? I don't see how to do it directly, but are there any workarounds?

Thank you in advance.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I haven't tried it directly myself, but do some searches on IBM Developer Works....there is an article there that talks about using XMLPack with DB2's XML capabilities. I don't have time to check right now, but I think I have a pointer to the site in my blog below, referencing a good article on xml....

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
LaLex
Participant

Post by LaLex »

Thank you Ernie, I'll try to find it there.
MT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Inserting into XML type columns on AIX DB2

Post by MT »

Hi,
LaLex wrote:Hello,

I would like to know, how can I using datastage to insert value into XML type fields in DB2 on AIX? I don't see how to do it directly, but are there any workarounds?

Thank you in advance.
inserting works quite straight forward - even in DS 7.x - define the column as XML and set the data type (manually in DS 7) to XML.
In DS 7 the problem is to read it but inserting works so it should be the same in DS 8 while DS 8.x supports the XML datatype directly I think.

Michael