MQ: Open Queue in Server Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MT
Premium Member
Premium Member

MQ: Open Queue in Server Job

Post by MT »

Hi,

I have a DataStage 7.5.3. job reading from a MQ queue - transforming data and writing it to DB2.
This job is triggered via a MQ Trigger.

The problem is that if the database is not available (due to an error or maintenance etc.) the MQ Trigger fires every 2-3 seconds trying to (re-)start the job which will fail again.
A MQ expert told us that this happens when the MQ trigger detects that the queue has not been opened.

So my question is when does the DatatStage MQ stage try to open the queue or how can I force the opening of the queue to avoid these unnecessary (re-)calls?

many thanks in advance

regards
Michael
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Hard to say what the timing is on the opening of the queue, but the job will always abort anyway, if the database is not up and available when the job is initialized.......

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
MT
Premium Member
Premium Member

MQ

Post by MT »

Hi Ernie,
eostic wrote:Hard to say what the timing is on the opening of the queue, but the job will always abort anyway, if the database is not up and available when the job is initialized.......

Ernie
well this is true but because I have a shell script I can do a lot to ensure the job runs as expected and the situation was only a test to see what happens when the job aborts.

I found out that the queue is opened and closed without removing the message (while destructive read is checked!) . This behaviour will fire the MQ FIRST trigger in a very high frequency.

I found a work around on script level.

Thanks
regards
Michael