environment handle 'ENV' error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bmarko22
Participant

environment handle 'ENV' error

Post by bmarko22 »

Trying to do a view data on s DB2UDB stage. It works just fine in other projects to the same instance/db. Something appears to be wrong in just this project. Any possible causes? Thanks all.

PMDBtoBCSREF..DB2_UDB_API_0: SQLAllocHandle: Failed to allocate environment handle 'ENV'.
PMDBtoBCSREF..DB2_UDB_API_0.DSLink1: DSP.Open GCI $DSP.Open error -100.
Error calling subroutine: DSD.Browse (Action=3); check DataStage is set up correctly in project GBSDM_Proj
DataDoctor
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: environment handle 'ENV' error

Post by DataDoctor »

I am getting same error. Please let me know if you resolved this problem.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This can be a failure to load the ODBC driver or - on Windows - the ODBC driver manager.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DataDoctor
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DataDoctor »

Thanks for prompt reply as you always do. I am using DB2 API stage. Still I have to set up ODBC?
DataDoctor
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DataDoctor »

Here are errors.

Code: Select all

DB2_UDB_API_51,0: Failure during execution of operator logic. [api/operator_rep.C:340]
DB2_UDB_API_51,0: Fatal Error: Fatal: SQLAllocHandle: Failed to allocate environment handle 'ENV'.  [dscapiop.C:1882]
node_node1: operator [DB2_UDB_API_51], partition 0 of 1, processID 1060948 on node1, player 2 terminated unexpectedly. [processmgr/player.C:150]
main_program: Unexpected exit status 1 [processmgr/slprocess.C:420]
main_program: Step execution finished with status = FAILED. [sc/sc_api.C:252]
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No. The DB2 API is very similar in construction to the ODBC API - with some minor variants (for example ENV rather than HENV for the name of the environment handle). However, it's still probably an inability to load a driver of some kind.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.