Reference Hash file Rejects Capture

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Reference Hash file Rejects Capture

Post by DSRajesh »

Hi

I have 1 source seq file and 1 reference hash file.I am trying to join the two source files and trying to capture the rejected records from hash file

I was able to capture primary source unmatched records where as unable to capture reference file rejected records.

i.e i need to implement right outer join so that i can capture unmatched records from hash reference file

any one help me in this
RD
DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSRajesh »

any one help here
RD
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Good Lord, have some patience. You posted in the middle of the night for a crap ton of people.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hashed files don't reject records in the way that you mean, nor does a hashed reference lookup support such a concept. All you can do is check to see if the lookup succeeded or not, typically via the NOTFOUND link variable.

If what you are after are the records in the hashed file that are not in your source data, you'll need to make a second pass and reverse the lookup.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Hashed files usually aren't used at all in parallel jobs. Can you please provide more information about precisely what you're doing and what you hope to achieve?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.