Challenging Task

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dganeshm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Challenging Task

Post by dganeshm »

Hi ,

http://picasaweb.google.com/dganeshm/DS ... 6817687890

What I need to do is, I need to get the total records that is originating from ODBC_0 , and the number of rejected records from Transformer_27. But have to insert these numbers in the same row in a table. When I tried to do it , I was able to insert but not update , since the insert hadnt still been commited, so was unable to update, can someone help me with this one..
Regards,
Ganesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Consider a separate job to read the link row counts from the completed job and put the row into the table.

Create a generic routine to read a link row count, given the job name, active stage name and link name.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dganeshm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dganeshm »

ray.wurlod wrote:Consider a separate job to read the link row counts from the completed job and put the row into the table.

Create a generic routine to read a link row count, given the job name, active stage name and link name.
Is it possible to get the total rows passing through in a xformer using stage variable?? I think I can avoid using the aggregator..which has its own limitations..
Regards,
Ganesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Of course it is, but what the stage variable - or even the system variable - will have is the total number of rows so far. So you would need an Aggregator to trap just the final value. And then you have the issue of how to get both values into the same row in the table without causing locking problems. That, too, is do-able but I think the approach I suggested earlier is cleaner.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

Make the outputs from the aggregators in to reference files to a lookup joining back on to the source rows... you may have to push all links to passive stages prior to doing a lookup.

Or separate jobs as previously suggested...

Question is why you need to log an aggregated value against all source rows...
dganeshm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dganeshm »

Kryt0n wrote:Make the outputs from the aggregators in to reference files to a lookup joining back on to the source rows... you may have to push all links to passive stages prior to doing a lookup.

Or separate jobs as previously suggested...

Question is why you need to log an aggregated value against all source rows...
The reason is to reocrd total source and the number od rows rejected by the web service.
Regards,
Ganesh