datastage security features

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ayan
Participant

datastage security features

Post by ayan »

Could anybody please give me some idea about what are the salient security features that datastage server version has?I actually need to come up with a small presentation to the client.What I can think of at present is that 1)client level authentication 2)server level authentication 3)password values are encrypted. Could somebody give me some pointers?
Ayan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage security (in version 7) is implemented by means of
  • roles to govern which users can connect DataStage clients and what tasks they can do once connected

operating system permissions to govern who can effect changes

The ability to support encrypted parameters and encrypted environment variables is the usual mechanism for securing these.

Connections to database servers need to provide authentication values, typically from job parameters. These are designed into DataStage jobs as properties of the various stage types that implement the connections.
So you seem to have covered the salient points.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.