Datastage import taking long time to complete

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sandeepsreedhar
Participant

Datastage import taking long time to complete

Post by sandeepsreedhar »

Hi,

We are trying to import a set of jobs from one project into another(set of dsx files).
Few dsx files are around 100mb in size. We try to import this dsx file many times but were not able to complete the activity due to timeout error. Can anyone suggest what could be the reason for this import taking long time? Ours is windows server. We are importing through commandprompt using dsimport command. Is there anything to be done in the datastage admin level to speed up the process?
Appreciate if someone can help me on this,

Regards,

Sandeep
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Do you have the same issue if you do the import from the GUI, i.e. from the Manager?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sandeepsreedhar
Participant

Post by sandeepsreedhar »

Yeah we tried the same with manager also. but that also is having the same issue
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Just as a test, create a brand-new, empty project and try the import into that. Make sure that you specify "overwrite without query" and do not select "perform usage analysis".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
anandsiva
Participant

Post by anandsiva »

We faced similar issue. We have a firewall rule that disconnects manger client with the sever. We reexported the jobs in to smaller DSX ( Category wise ). and then imported them back.