Job has finished, status = 96 (Crahsed)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job has finished, status = 96 (Crahsed)

Post by hsahay »

Hi There,

I have a job sequence calling two server jobs, first one calls a stored proc and next one create two .txt files based on the data loaded by the proc. The file creation job is showing in running status but if i look at the monitor, it shows everything is finished. Also the job created two files what ever was expected but the job is still showing in running status and also this job is not generating log after certain point. Some how this job is throwing a handle to the exception handler to the sequencer in the job sequence to mark the status of the job sequence as aborted. below are the msgs from the job sequence log.

Job OutBoundInterfaceIRS1099_CreateFile has finished, status = 96 (Crashed)

OutBoundIRS1099Seq..JobControl (@OutBoundInterfaceIRS1099_CreateFile): Controller problem: Unhandled abort encountered in job OutBoundInterfaceIRS1099_CreateFile

I will appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks in Advance..
vishal
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Crash errors are not the easiest thing to track down as they're not like an Abort where it knows something is wrong and fails 'gracefully', they're more like the job just fell over dead with no time for any grace to it at all, including resetting the Job Status flag that Director shows you.

Since you know the job is not actually running, use the Reset Status File option in the Director to clean that up. I'd also be curious if, when you did that, is there anything labelled 'From previous run...' added to the log?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is there anything useful in the job log for the OutBoundInterfaceIRS1099_CreateFile job?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hsahay »

chulett wrote:Crash errors are not the easiest thing to track down as they're not like an Abort where it knows something is wrong and fails 'gracefully', they're more like the job just fell over dead with no time for any grace to it at all, including resetting the Job Status flag that Director shows you.

Since you know the job is not actually running, use the Reset Status File option in the Director to clean that up. I'd also be curious if, when you did that, is there anything labelled 'From previous run...' added to the log?
hi craig,

yes, the job sequence log shows that "from previous run.."
vishal
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

OK... double-click on it to see the details and then post them here.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers