Hi, I am with a litlle problem and I would like your help.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nikhilanshuman
Participant

Post by nikhilanshuman »

what is the length of the data type for the column in sequential file stage?set the length to 4000.

Also,keep on adding columns 1 by 1.In this way you will be able to determine,which column is causing problem.
Nikhil
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Please explain what "does not pass" means. I'll wager you have nulls in there you're not handling properly and all you get out the other side is an empty string.

And please do a better job of picking subjects, they should be indicative of the actual problem. We already know you are having a little problem and would like some help, why else would you be here? :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Abhijeet1980
Participant

Post by Abhijeet1980 »

@All (except requester).
Thought process doesn't work for a person in problem. We all behave in that way.

@Requester
Better try no to concatenate everything into one column.

Based on my interpretation from your super-detailed request for help.

1. Write a job that pulls information into N distinct fields (No concatenation).
2. Write it to a file that is delimited and set ":" or Colon as the delimiter.
3. Check for row leakage and column datatype, length, syntax and semantics.
4. Share us the results.

Many regards, :) :)
Kind regards
Abhijit Gaikwad
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is a limit on the length of an expression. Try breaking it down into smaller expressions in stage variables, and concatenating these.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.