xmeta restore

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devanars
Premium Member
Premium Member

xmeta restore

Post by devanars »

We are using only one server to store xmeta and busines tables. DBA use to take backup everyday for that server. we need to restore earlier day backup now.
here is the thing we are plannng to resore only database. is there any effect or correption for the datastage application if we do like this. Please advise guru's
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Assuming that XMETA was backed up properly (with the database quiesced or shut down and using database utilities) then you can restore objects in the database as at the time the backup was taken.

If there have been objects created or amended in the interim, their status may be undetermined. It depends on precisely why you need to restore how you need to proceed (total or partial restore) and requires both thoughtfulness and planning.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
devanars
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by devanars »

Backup has been taken properly and need full restore.
If restore earlier backup, Application ( unix and websphere) are in sync or will go out of sync?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yes, what about the 'Universe' repository? Does that not need to stay in sync with XMETA? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
devanars
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by devanars »

If xmeta and Application are in sync then all are going to be in sycn i believe! what do you say?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What about after you're restored an old version of XMETA ?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That was my question - I don't see how you can restore XMETA back to an older copy without doing the same with the Universe repository. They are a matched set now.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
devanars
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by devanars »

There is no change in Application. The change is with xmeta only. So Application objects will call required things from xmeta when ever necessary from the tool designer or director.
what is the procedure to take backup all together(universe repository and xmeta). at least i will try to maintain here after.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

If there has been no change to the datastage jobs then you can use the backup of xmeta. no issues

Regards
Sreeni