Problem with View Data for a user

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem with View Data for a user

Post by JPalatianos »

Hi,
We have a new user who is getting the following error when doing a view data on a ODBC stage....

GE_Data_Call..odbcgeCall: DSD.BSIConnect connecting to $PROJDEF, call to SQLConnect failed.
SQLSTATE=IM002,DBMS.CODE=0
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

The job runs fine and I as well as other developers can do a "view data" with no problem in the job.

Am I missing some permissions or setup for this user?

Thanks - - John
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

just a note...the user was given full permissions to the sqllib folder on the DS server and also added to the DB2ADMNS group on the server as well.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In version 7 View Data will not substitute for $PROJDEF - you need to replace $PROJDEF with an actual value (the DSN in this case).

This problem is fixed in version 8.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

Thanks Ray...I asked around and some of the consultants had the same issue but never reported it. I guess it depends on the individual desktop configuration, since it works fine for me and a few other developers.

As always Thank You for your answer!!!